Friday, February 29, 2008

Bad knitter...

I promised pictures nearly two weeks ago didn't I? My bad. I was distracted by a great many things, few of which involve knitting. Brief run down.

1. Lost old job, needed new job, found new job, new job sucks but it pays.

2. School is kicking my ass largely because I'm letting it since my brain is tired.

3. I started a sweater. Yes another. This time I am am trying Tempting from knitty spring 04 ( i think). Smaller than Janda and since its all ribbing, a more interesting knit. I've made progress.
4. I'm a bit lazy.

That's all. On to pictures!!

That is a Hermione Cable and Bobble hat from Charmed Knits (best book ever!) and it is why I am sick of cabled. I started matching mitts too but I screwed up and had to frog. It was a hard thing to do since I love and adore them. It's one ball of myster wool. I lost the ball band but I do remember its 100% wool. Its lovely and soft and warm and awesome!














Next are some lovely gloves and they are why I will not fear weaving in a few ends. I love and adore them, but my mother stupid dog chewed a massive hole in one. Anyone now how I can fix that? They are Patons Kroy, only one ball! on size 3 needles.









Next is Wisp from Knitty spring (or summer, I can't remember) 07. My first real foray in to the world of lace weight yarn and my last for a while. It's very pretty but was kind of a pain in the ass after a while. It's Rowan kidsilk night. You can't tell from the picture but it sparkles.
I also mentioned walmart and a wamrhead in my last post but I never got around to taking pictures of those things. I will tell you that I have become a fan of kool aid dying (hense walmart) and I went on a hat bender last month. I made 2 caloriemtries using my own hand dyed, a ravenclaw beret (also from charmed knits) and a pixie hat from knit wits. They are all awesome and mean that I have a very warm nogin.
Next Post: The Giant Green Thing.

No comments: