Monday, December 17, 2007

Scatterbrain

Finished school on Friday. Commenced knitting on Saturday. Since then I have knit 3 inches on MY sock (that's right MY sock, so far 3 people have asked for them but not this time! I want a pair of socks damn it!), finished one Christmas present, got three quarters of another one done, and bought the yarn for the last one (last yarn purchase until most of the stash is gone). But aye, there's the rub, I have lost my set of 16" 4.5mm circs. Again. This will make the third pair I have lost or broken in the past year. Quite a feat don't you think? Luckily I only need them for the ribbing at the bottom, and I have 8 DPNs in that size so I'm OK but I'm still pissed. They are my favourite size so of course I will go right out any buy a new pair but I don't wanna! Gah. I'm going to Buffalo next month, so I think I'll pick up a pair of Susan Bates circs in that size. Maybe if they are coloured something other than grey, I won't lose them as easily.


So here are my projects for the week. Since I am a tight schedule and I am not the fastest knitter I chose pretty simple projects. Both are cabled hats in chunky weight yarn. I finish the Blue on in less than day. It's a pattern of my own creation. I didn't writei t down. but I am rather fond of it, so I think I will alter it and make another version, which I will write down and post. Its Lion Brand homespun in Delft and I will never use it again! Ever! seriously, I am throwing away the rest of the skein. It's squeaky, has absolutely no give, and its not terribly warm. Oh! Apparently the "painterly" colours have subtle stripes. I wish they had printed that on the bloody ball band! Gah. I used 6.5mm circs.

The green (unfinished one) is a Natty Hat from http://www.knitandtonic.typepad.com (link directly to the pattern is at the bottom) using Patons Rumor in "Fern Heather". As much as I hate homespun, that's how much I love rumor. I wish it came in more colours. It's lovely and soft and stretchy and warm. I adore it and want to have little alpaca babies with it. I used 5mm needles for the ribbing and 6.5mm for the rest.
















So there they are. I don't have a picture of the socks yet. Use your imagination. They are 4 inch's long right now at the cuff. I'm aiming for between 6 and 7 inches/ I want 'em semi-tall.

I'm off in search of my 4.5mm circs. I hate doing ribbing with DPNs....

Natty: http://www.knitandtonic.typepad.com/NattyRev.pdf
I haven't made a single mod (a first for me!!), excpet using smaller needles to get the right gauge and it's awesome. Its quickyl becoming one of my fave patterns.

No comments: