Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A new cycle begins

Happy 2008! I took a break for the holiday, but here I am with a new revelation. Well, not so much new, as a new found willing to confess.

I am a serial starter.

I have this bad habit of starting projects with gusto, knitting like mad for the first 1/4 to 1/2 of the project, getting bored and moving on to something else which also is unlikely to get completed in a timely fashion. Unless the project can be completed in less than a weekend or is destined for someone else, I completely incapable of finishing a full project.

I always knew I was bad at finish but dude! Ravlery revels all! I was looking at my projects list and wow, that was a lot wip's for one knitter to have started in only a few months. There's the vintage-y long gloves (only one is finished), fetching (one cuff finished), the giant brown scarf (only 10" long), Tropicana socks (stalled at the first heel), the plain ol' socks (4" of the first cuff), Wisp (half done and in less than a week! And, I am still interested. I might finish this is a timely fashion), the stash-busting cropped cardigan ( 2" of the back) and the latest edition, a Clapotis so I can be just like every other knitter on the planet. That's a grand total of 8 new projects started in the past 3 months and none of them are close to being done, and half of which are not being actively knit on, AKA hibernating. Yeah, I'm bad.

Yeah, so new resolution, finish projects before starting a new one and no more than 5 wip's at a time. Seems reasonable right?

Pfft, who am I kidding.

No comments: