Saturday, February 10, 2007

Behold! Michela Cables!






Behold the glory of beautifully executed cable! On my first cabled project I ended up with some very cool and totaly werable! These are wrist warmers made in an irish hiking scarf style by the way. I found a pattern that look easy enough so I finally bit the bullet and taught myself to cable. Now I'm addicted. Can't stop, thinking about making a matching scarf which I really shouldn;'t because I haven't even finished the ravenclaw scarf yet.

These totaly awesome wrist warmers were a procrastination project. I admit it. I used knitting to put off writing a research paper, and I used the wrist warmers to put off finishing the scarf that must be magical because it's never ending. I swear, I've been knitting the same 3 inches over and over.



Here's a parting 'action' shot of the awesome wrist warmers. I'm just so proud. While I was knitting them, I'd stop every few inches and think 'Wow, I actually made that!'

No comments: