Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The home stretch is the longest

I have officially pasted the 6 foot mark on the scarf. That was the intended length. Yeah, that didn't happen. I've been forced to start another repeat because the scarf didn't want to end. It wanted to be 8 feet. That's not the point of this blog though because I've already discussed the never ending scarf syndrome and yarn communication.

No the point of this blog is knitting without going anywhere. You know when you first start a project every inch seems like such an accomplishment then by the end you can knit for hours and it seems like you've done nothing even thought you've knit like 18 inches? I'm suffering from that problem right now. I have been watching Grey's Anatomy episodes for a paper I'm writing (Yeah I know, I hate me too) and since I can't just sit and watch TV/computer screen as the case my be, without feeling totally useless, I picked up my ravenclaw scarf that I put in the corner last week as punishment for disobeying my order to finish and started knitting. I knit no less than 18 inches. I haven't actually measured it but it was at least 18 inches yet I still feel like I'm not any closer to finishing. In fact I kind of feel like I'm going backwards.

Yes, I am un-knitting. Not frogging, un-knitting. There must be some magical spell on my needles so that every stitch i knit removed two from what I have already done. That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why after a couple of hours of knitting I am no closer to finishing.

To really drive home this tragedy, Spring has started to open its sleepy eyes here in Toronto. Today is actually a tolerable temperature and it's completely sunny outside. Not that mocking sunshine where it's a completely cloudless day but the temperature is cold enough to make you nose fall off in about 3 seconds. No, the sky is just.... Sunny.

All this work and I won't be able to wear this scarf. Damn it.

No comments: