Monday, February 5, 2007

iKnit

Welcome to Michela Knits! The Ramblings of a slightly beyond beginner knitter who hides under the guise of a University Student. After boring my non-knitter friends and family with my knitting comments, rants and triumphs for many months, I have given up on making them realize the beauty of a well constructed object or the euphoria of a yarn bargain. I must turn to the internet to fulfill my knitting needs and I do so happily! This blog is an off shoot from my ‘real life’ blog (scoff! As if knitting isn’t my real life, Ha!). If you’re just dying to know all about my random comments on non-knitting life head over to http://michelasmind.blogspot.com/. On to the good stuff! My latest project err… projects. I’m working on a Harry Potter scarf for myself.

Note the Tinker Bell makeup bag that is doubling as a yarn holder.

It’s going to be at least 6 feet long, possibly 7 or 8 if I’m feeling inspired. Plus fringe. It’s a very simple pattern which is my most favourite part of it. Garter stitch stripes. Each stripe is 6’ long. That’s it. Switch colours every six (or so) inches. I adore no-brainer patterns. The picture above was taken before I start studying for a Geography test. I nearly doubled that length in the 5 hours I studied/knitted yesterday.

This is the first chance I’ve had all year to actually make myself a scarf. I spent all fall and winter making scarves for other people, whether they be by request or for Christmas, meanwhile my own poor neck is freezing. I got rather desperate a few weeks ago when the cold finally hit Toronto, and I used a too-big Calorimetry (see knitty.com for details)

1 comment:

Ilix said...

Way to go Michela! can't wait to see that bag!